Adobe Acrobat Reader Tips and Tricks
Would you like to be able to really master the Adobe Acrobat Reader program? With these tips and tricks, you can breeze through the program with confidence and feel much more comfortable using it.
- Help Yourself – Learn to master the help guide inside your Adobe Acrobat Reader program and you can help yourself with many problems or questions that you may face.
- Make Adobe Reader Load Quicker – Here is some advice to help you make Adobe Reader load quicker. Open the Adobe Acrobat Reader Plugins folder which is found by default in: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\plug_ins. There are a lot of Adobe Acrobat Plugin files with the .api extension. Some of these files are essential for Acrobat to run properly but many of them can be disabled to speed up the loading time. Examples of some that can be removed to speed load time are:
- eBook.api – For reading eBooks with DRM protection
- legal.api, ppklite.api – Something to do with encryption
- updater.api – For downloading product updates from Adobe website
- With Adobe Reader 8.0 you can save email folders in MS Outlook or Lotus Notes to a PDF binder.
- With Adobe 8.0 you also have the ability to save a set of documents as a PDF binder, allowing each document in the binder to retain its security values.
- If you have a multi-page PDF and you want to include a URL that will open to a specific page, you can set the parameters for this. For example, you want to link in forums or in an email that when the user clicks, will take them directly to page 12 of your PDF instead of loading from page 1.
- You can learn to remove metadata from your PDFs to remove sensitive information before final publication or distribution.
- You can also flatten PDF annotations in Adobe Acrobat.
- These are just some of many great tips you can learn to help you get the most out of your Adobe program.